'Memory Box'

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Comfyjumper
Organisation: The Small Frame Company
Interests: Framing, auctions, antiques, boxers, gardening................

'Memory Box'

Post by Comfyjumper »

A job I did for a friend, his late Dad's Met Police 'Memory Box'...My first ever attempt, Simons 275/ss deep rebate moulding, blue curtain velvet and thank god for silicone, buttons and fishing line! Handcuffs were the old heavy 1970's type and attached with line, buttons and a little silicone, the whistle was carefully stitched on with black unbreakable thread and secured at the rear with buttons. The helmet badge likewise, as was the epaulette. I used plain wood slip and painted it silver for the photo frame, cut a window in the velvet and foamboard
Iphone 185.JPG
Iphone 185.JPG (1.76 MiB) Viewed 2485 times
and carefully inset the frame. The medal I carefully stitched the ribbon and placed the actual medal using a small blob of silicone (after making sure it rubs off if it needs to be taken out). Foam board was covered with the same velvet for the sides of the 'box'. I have probably caused a few sharp intakes of breath for my 'techniques' but I have only one thing to ask...I have no idea how much to charge! :Slap:
Merlin
Organisation: Merlin Mounts
Interests: Aviation

Re: 'Memory Box'

Post by Merlin »

Nice one Comfyjumper. As posted before here is one I did for my Dad.
Police1a.jpg
Police1a.jpg (30.8 KiB) Viewed 2445 times
These memory boxes can take a long time to do. Even I could not sort out 'how much to charge.'
As he is my Dad, he got mates rates. :D
John GCF
Comfyjumper
Organisation: The Small Frame Company
Interests: Framing, auctions, antiques, boxers, gardening................

Re: 'Memory Box'

Post by Comfyjumper »

I really like that......how was it all made up?