cleaning glass

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
cmaclean
Organisation: Borderline Framing
Interests: Grand-children, Gardening, Walking, Technology

cleaning glass

Post by cmaclean »

What do people find is the best method top clean glass, - paper towel, fibre cloth? I'm using True Vue Premium clean glass cleaner but I've yet to find a cleaning medium that works well with the cleaner solution.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Campbell
John
Site Admin
Organisation: Scenes Picture Framing
Interests: Forums and stuff

Post by John »

We do not use the True Vue glass cleaner, but are very happy with the micro-fibre cloths that we use with our meths-water solution.

It sounds, though, like you might have already tried the micro-fibre cloths. We keep a dozen or so which we rotate, never using one for more than five or six frames.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I use raginabag from Lion - get the white ones if poss, they are softer, if you get the blue ones, wash them first.
foxyframer
Organisation: Hampshire Framing
Interests: Golf, DIY and baking bread,cakes, biscuits and making chilli jams and various chutneys.

Post by foxyframer »

I use diluted glass cleaner and a soft cotton cloth. Works well without incurring any expense. Use a decent 2ml. float glass for normal work, like Hungard, ours is available from Glass & Mirror, Surrey: requires very little cleaning. Cheap glass is a real pain, and not worth the poor quality and effort.
Measure twice - cut once
kev@frames
Organisation: Moonshine Framing Penzance
Interests: 4 or 5 ...

Post by kev@frames »

Nilglass & cotton cloths