Batik

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Roboframer

Batik

Post by Roboframer »

Calico extensions sewn on.
batik extension.jpg
Laced
batikk (1).jpg
Framed
batikk.jpg
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Re: Batik

Post by Jonny2morsos »

Nice Job! Which moulding and mountslip did you use?
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

I'll get the references tomorrow (something like ????/7018 or ???? /7008) but they're from a range in brushed silver, gold and bronze/copper that quite a few suppliers do, these were from Simons; the slip is the same profile and finish as the Larson Juhl 'Radiance' one. It's quite a fragile finish but we like it. Mount is NB artcare 'Indigo'

I priced the job with UV glass and the slip between a double mount but had to sell down, price would have been OK if it didn't need stretching as well, I nearly threw that in, may well have if it hadn't needed extending.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Moulding ref is 5402/7018 on page 114 of the Simons catalogue, the rest of that range including the slip (ref 5017/7018) is on page 119 & 120 :!:
GUNNAR

Post by GUNNAR »

Very lovely!! Thanks for sharing
blokman
Organisation: Artist / Journeyman Framer
Interests: Painting in Oil / Watercolour, Industrial Heritage, Framing and Associated Crafts

Post by blokman »

Hi Robo,

Just for my info', how did you attach the batik to the back of the mount??

Thanks
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

The same way as I attach most things that are laced, I temporarily tape it to the window mount with magic tape across the corners, then I make it flush by butting foam board strips up to it which are stuck to the window mount with double sided tape and PVA. Then the tape is removed and the backing mount board holds it in - a sink mount basically.