Candle holders for mirror

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Candle holders for mirror

Post by Not your average framer »

I've been asked if I can make a framed mirror with a shelf and candle holders fitted to either side of the shelf. Unfortunately, I can't come up with something suitable for the candle holders, which need to fit onto the top of the shelf. Can anyone suggest something which will do the job?
Thanks,
Mark
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »

Trying to visualise this....

Can you not cannibalise the holders off a candle bra (candelabra?) from Oxfam etc and screw them on?

How far from the, er, FLAMMABLE wooden frame will these candles be?
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Post by Not your average framer »

Thanks John,

The lady brought in a magazine article with a picture of exactly what she wants, unfortunately she wants it to look just like the one in the picture. The candle holder is like a short cylinder with a larger disc underneath it to catch any wax drips and the whole thing is right down onto the shelf.

The lady is something of an un-official interior designer and if we do something for her which she likes, sooner or later her friends will all want the same. Can be quite a little money spinner at times!

I've already checked out the charity shops and the local hardware store without success. I just can't think of anything which will do the job.
Cheers,
Mark