Arqadia moulding out of stock

Buying/selling equipment
Situations wanted/vacant
Forum rules
All sellers are required to have a forum profile that identifies them clearly. (Such as - name, surname, location, business name et cetera)
jmdwilson
Organisation: Surrey Framers
Interests: Art, Sports

Arqadia moulding out of stock

Post by jmdwilson »

Hi does anybody have any Arqadia Florentina Zwart code 457 906. It was of out stock until estimated date of today BUT has now been pushed back until end of October....think my customer will be having kittens when I tell her! Does anyone have enough spare to make a frame 720 x 600?
Thanks- here's hoping.
http://www.arqadia.co.uk/SupplyImages/W ... 7_906_.jpg
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Re: Arqadia moulding out of stock

Post by IFGL »

I have over 40 customers waiting for arqadia mouldings, some are not available until November ,

Keep them informed, and all should be well.

hi Jamie , I would like to wait please p-

-----Original Message-----
>
To: Rosie Morrison
>
Sent: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 9:12

Subject: Re: my order

Hi Rosie, I have been contacting all of our customers who have order a frame in this particular moulding.We have been informed from our supplier that they will be out of stock of the moulding until the 7th of November.Would  you  like to wait until we receive stock, or choose a different frame?Sorry for any inconvenience.Regards Jamie  From: Rosie Morrison
jmdwilson
Organisation: Surrey Framers
Interests: Art, Sports

Post by jmdwilson »

Thanks Jamie

Good to know I'm not the only one - still it's incredibly frustrating.... hope Arqadia have ordered plenty for all the backlog of orders!
Tudor Rose
Organisation: The Framing Lot
Interests: Tudor history, swimming, walking and needlework.

Post by Tudor Rose »

Arqadia do seem to have a bit of a thing with certain mouldings where they always seem to be out of stock for ages. We mentioned it to our rep when he came in to see us last month because we had had to let a couple of customers with deadlines down to the point where they have changed to another supplier using a different moulding. He assured us that the particular range of mouldings we had been having problems with was now all sorted and there was plenty of stock in and more coming in very soon.

He then showed us a new range which happened to be from the same Italian manufacturer - they were very nice and so we asked for a chevron set ......

..... ah he says, can't actually do that - they are out of stock for a couple of months :Slap:
Jo Palmer GCF(APF) Adv
Textile, Mount Design & Function & Conservation

Forum Moderator & Framing Educator
www.pictureframingtraining.com
Guild Certified Examiner & Guild Accredited Trainer
Guild Chair & Master May 2019 to May 2022
prospero

Post by prospero »

Some Italian moulding factories have long holidays. 8)
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
Jonny2morsos
Organisation: Northborough Framing
Interests: Fly Fishing, Photography and Real Ale.

Post by Jonny2morsos »

There was one of the LJ range I needed a couple of weeks back that was out of stock but with an expected arrival date.

I only needed 2m (one length) so unless I ordered 4 lengths I could not request it on back order.

Had I done so I would now have in stock 10m unsold and plenty of other people would probably be in the same position which more than likely would have used up all the new stock that arrived. This obviously benefits the supplier as they get to sell the stock quickly and most likely in larger quantities.
misterdiy
Organisation: Decormount
Interests: Picture framing, mount-cutting, photoshop et al

Post by misterdiy »

y prospero » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:51 am
Some Italian moulding factories have long holidays. 8)
Thats what the rep said to me today. They are off all of August - no wonder the italian economy is down the pan. he did say though that they seem to be shipping faster than was anticipated so the wait may not be as long as predicted. Let's hope so. :roll:
JamesC
Organisation: The Framed Picture Company
Interests: Printing and Framing, Canvas Prints, Perspex Mounting, Graphic Design, Football, Tennis, Golf, Computers, Film, Antiques, Mountain Biking, Bass Guitar, Music, Art, Mensa

Post by JamesC »

I thought they were getting better this yearbut we've hit a few issues again lately.

It's either 6 weeks on the boat from china, or now italians slow. In Spain according to our spanish employee they also often get paid double on holiday - so no wonder they are struggling even more!

40 customers waiting - eek. Many other suppliers sell arqadia mouldings (directly or by coincidence).

I also hear a lot of customers have forward ordered arqadia stock at the moment so they may have the moulding, but cannot sell it. Kind of not fair on others but hard to solve as we all like to be able to forward order now and then.
IFGL
Organisation: Inframe Gallery Ltd
Interests: Films ,music and art, my wife and kids are pretty cool too.

Post by IFGL »

now risen to over 50 the vast majority are waiting for the same range of mouldings, of which I have 5 boxes on back order. (sorry)

only 3 customers wanted to pick a different mouldings, the rest are happy to wait.