Licky-Sticky Tape

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
prospero

Licky-Sticky Tape

Post by prospero »

Quite a few years ago I bought a few boxes of nice 4" wide gummed paper tape. I was nice stuff. Good and thick and great to work with. Every since, the company concerned have called every few weeks to see if I wanted more. Been telling them for years that I bought a large quantity to get it at the right price and I have stacks of it left. I'm on my last roll now, So last time they rang I said "Yes! I would like some more." Then it transpired that they don't do it anymore..... :(

Anyone know where to get good quality gummed tape? I like 4" wide, but 3" would be OK. I have tried stuff from various wholesalers, but it's all been very poor quality. OK for general packaging maybe but not for framing.
Watch Out. There's A Humphrey About
iantheframer
Organisation: is not my greatest talent!
Interests: photography

Re: Licky-Sticky Tape

Post by iantheframer »

I always get mine from Frank Sgraggs 0121 236 7219 Not sure if they do 4” though

Website is not good, they do many more products in their catalogue
Ian
mikeysaling
Organisation: sarah jane framing
Interests: astronomy medals photography

Post by mikeysaling »

i have their catalogue - more tapes than you shake a sick etc.

guess the one your after is gummed (needs moisture) 3" £4.30 for 200 mtrs boxed and case discount for case - call em they are very good to deal with. ask for a catalogue as they have things others do not stock or have discontinued. above is item 101 on page 22 of the catalogue (june 2009) which is the latest 8) 8) why waste money on catalogues.
when all is said and done - there is more said than done.
Roboframer

Post by Roboframer »