Sunday afternoon project....

Post examples...
Of framing styles or techniques that rocked your boat, and also of those that didn't
Gus
Organisation: Not yet.
Interests: Off road motorcycling; Youth work; Watching sport - motocross; speedway and rugby mainly.

Sunday afternoon project....

Post by Gus »

Well a bit longer than that as it turned out! Been meaning to get round to this for ages.

Thought I would have a go at putting together a selection of hand finishes (apart from 5 which are factory finished) in a travel display case. Have to see if I get any orders from them now! :sweating:
Travel case of hand finished samples (or examples)
Travel case of hand finished samples (or examples)
IMG_0318.JPG (2.21 MiB) Viewed 2977 times
Not your average framer
Organisation: The Dartmoor Gallery
Interests: Lost causes, saving and restoring old things, learning something every day

Re: Sunday afternoon project....

Post by Not your average framer »

Hi Gus,

A very nice collection!

I like to stock a few useful, but inexpensive mouldings which I quickly finish using woodstains, or Criag & Rose 1829 paints (mostly in matchpots) followed by a coat of wax. Only takes minutes to do!
Mark Lacey

“Life is short. Art long. Opportunity is fleeting. Experience treacherous. Judgement difficult.”
― Geoffrey Chaucer
DEEPJOY
Organisation: inPicture Framing
Interests: Framing, Photography, Aircooled VW and time to be creative.

Re: Sunday afternoon project....

Post by DEEPJOY »

Hi Gus

Great idea to go portable.

I plan to make covered inserts for a suitable suit case to take to customer homes, but I now wonder if a dedicated built case is a better way to go?

Deepjoy