Slater harrision colourmount Inkjet Coated Mountboard

Discuss Picture Framing topics.

PLEASE USE THE HELP SECTION
WHEN SEEKING OR OFFERING HELP!
joe90bentley

Slater harrision colourmount Inkjet Coated Mountboard

Post by joe90bentley »

Hi has anyone had the chance to use the inkjet coated mountboard??
What sort of results have u achieved??

TIA

Joe90
SquareFrames
Organisation: Dromore Picture Framing / Down School of
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Jonny,

Here is Colourmount's description of Inkjet receptive board.

Mountboard with an ink jet receptive surface, eliminating the need to dry mount by printing directly on to the mountboard.
What are the main features of Ink Jet Artboard?
Suitable for all digital giclee/ink jet printers with flat feed capability, both desktop and wide format.

Eliminates the need to dry mount, thereby reducing costs through savings on time and materials.

815 x 1125mm sheet size, also available in A4+ and A3+ for desk top printers

1250 micron thickness.

Available in four colours, including two textured.

When do I use Ink Jet Artboard? Ideal for fine art reproduction, (Prints), displays, signage, weddings and portraits.

What you thinking of using it for?
Colourmount have some super colours, textures, etc. and were one of the leaders in getting the mountboard standards set with the Fine Art Trade Guild. Their pearlecent range is superb for offering a client a mount with a 'little difference', just a shame its not for conservation framing as yet!

Talk soon

Steven
Someone Once Said 'Knowledge Is Power'
Down School of Picture Framing http://www.downschoolofpictureframing.co.uk
Ireland's Only Accredited Training School
GCF Examination Centre
Accredited Valiani Demonstration / Training Centre
joe90bentley

Post by joe90bentley »

Hi Stephen
hope u and the better half are well - any sign of the new camera yet???

Thanks for the reply ( I had a feeling you would be the first to reply)

I found the link to the colourmount website on a post here and have ordered some samples and was just wondering about the inkjet stuff - might be worth having a look at - to see what I could print e.g.mount decoration etc. I should of taken the time to read about the conservation standards of it LOL. But maybe in the future they can sort that out - but if i was printing a photo on the inkjet paper and then framing it - then it wouldnt matter about the conservation quality or are u just referring to the pearlescent board???

Anyways enough of that!!!!

One last thing - did the stuff i brought you over the last time work out ok for you - any problems getting them to work??? do u need a few lessons LOL - let me know

If i dont get to speak to you b4 christmas - have a good one (that includes sharon) and will speak to you in January!!!!

Johnny
SquareFrames
Interests: Reading, relaxing, and funnily enough, its hard to stop thinking of framing

Colourmount

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Jonny,

Yes, all worked fine, just in the process of playing and doodling now, many thanks for all. The card reader is now working great, once I got a new card, I didnt know you could wear them things out! But anyhow....This is where you and I differ, (but you'll learn, you are young yet) Standards are the first thing I think of in any job, whether its a photograph or an expensive piece of artwork. I have to see Mike Braddock (MD Colourmount) at the Spring Fair, so I will get a good look at the inkjet boards there. Seeing them first hand makes all the difference.

Dont forget about the 1-Day course in the New Year, I am gathering items up for the day, something to get your teeth into....eh, what? (I knew I should have brought the hearth with me, that's where I left my diary...lol), but you know the date arranged???????

Have a good Christmas, at least try and remember some of it, I will be setting up the new workshop after Boxing Day...thank goodness I wont have to hang about the house...far too many women around.

Talk soon,

Steven

PS Have a go at the new posting about Job of the Year, seems like no one else can be bothered...
GCF Examination Centre
SquareFrames

Colourmont

Post by SquareFrames »

Hi Jonny ....again,

How did you know I'd be the first to answer? Physic or what? I always take 5 minutes first thing over a coffee and a smoke to check emails and the forum, doesnt take long to make a reply or to add some words of wisdom, probably the last time I get to sit down now until 7pm, so making sure my rear end, gets the benefit of a sit down.

As I dont know the board and it doesnt state its Conservation quality on the web site, I am surmising its not Conservation standard. I do stand to be corrected and will be the first to hold my hands up if I am wrong. Youre nearest supplier of the board would be Ashworth & Thompson in Belfast or Sisslings in Dublin, they post over night, great company to work with. Ring Sisslings, ask for David and he can sort you out. Their number is in the Yellow Pages.

Bye...time to start......

Steven
GCF Examination Centre